Join Google Meet
In Meet, you can join a video meeting using the Meet app, or you can enter a meeting code. You can use the Meet app with any Google account, such as an @gmail.com account.
- Open the Google Meet app.
- Swipe up from the bottom to view your scheduled meetings. Only meetings scheduled through Google Calendar appear on Google Meet.
- Tap Join, or select a meeting from the list and tap Join meeting.
Every Meet video meeting has a code that you can use to join the meeting. The meeting code is a series of characters, such as abc-defg-hjk. You can get the meeting code from the joining information that was sent to you or at the end of the meeting link.
- Open the Meet app and then tap Meeting code.
- Enter the meeting code. Tip: The hyphens in the meeting code are optional.
- Tap Join meeting.
- Select Ask to Join.
Sometimes there isn’t enough time to schedule a meeting and book a room. With Meet, you can join a video meeting by clicking the meeting link URL sent to you in a text or email or whatsapp message.
- Tap the meeting link sent to you via text message, whatsapp or email.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to join.