Travel & Tourism
Certificate course in Travel & Tourism
- Fundamentals of Travel and Tourism
- Concepts of Hospitality and Tourism
- Tourism Resources and Attractions in India
- Tourism Geography and Ecology of India
- General Aspects of Hotel Management
- History, Traveling and Tourism in India
- Heritage and Cultural Tourism in India
- Tourism Marketing Management
- Modes of Transportation System
- Marketing Management Services
- Concept of Food and Beverage
- Fare Structure, Ticketing
- Flight Booking
- Train Booking
- Cars and Hotels Booking
- Compare all Global Distribution Systems
Skill set for Travel & Tourism Candidates
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Pleasant and well-groomed personality
- Good administration and management skills
- Good research and planning skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Organisation skills
- Time management skills
- Strong networking skills
- Leadership skills
Travel & Tourism: Job Profiles
While experience is a significant factor to grow in the field of travel and tourism, there are endless job opportunities that candidates can avail in both private and public sectors after pursuing a course in the same. Some of the popular job profiles in travel and tourism are:
The Major Career Options (Traditional Career Paths) in the Travel and Tourism Sector are:
- Holiday/Travel Agent
- Tourism Manager
- Travel Officer or Travel Agency coordinator
- Travel Counselor or Travel Consultant
- Airlines Staff
- Tourist Guide
- Transport Officer
- Airlines (Ground & In-Flight Staff, Sales & Marketing, HR, IT)
- Hotels & Resorts (Operations, Front-Office, Food & Beverage, Sales & Marketing, Accounting, Public Relations, IT, HR)
Alternative (New-Age) Career Paths:
- Retailer (Franchise)
- Freelance Writer or Travel Blogger
- Holiday/ Travel Agent: A travel agent evaluates the requirements of tourists and helps them make the best possible travel arrangements. Many hotels and travel groups hire travel agents to sell their tour packages to clients.
- Travel Executive: A travel executive is responsible for managing different aspects of a travel including transportation, flight booking, hotel accommodation, destination information, etc.
- Tourism Manager: A tourism manager promotes tourism in his/her region through different advertising strategies and campaigns. The manager also offers assistance to tourists of different cultures and traditions.
- Travel Officer/ Coordinator: A travel coordinator finds best prices on hotels, flights and rental cars; processes employee travel expenses, sets up corporate discounts with travel vendors, creates itineraries, etc.
- Airlines/ Ground Staff: The ground staff plays a crucial role in areas such as commercial activities, running of airports, airline operations, etc. The job of ground staff is vast and includes responsibilities such as inspecting, storing and transporting luggage; and stocking the aircraft with food and beverage items.
- Tourist Guide: A tourist guide helps tourists visiting different tourist places and provides them information on cultural, historical and contemporary heritage of religious and historical sites, museums and other places of interest.
- Transport Officer: A transport officer is typically appointed by a state government or local transport body to carry out activities like maintenance of the vehicle fleet, overseeing vehicle establishment programmes, certifying ground transportation budget etc.
- Travel Counselor/ Consultant: A travel counselor has the responsibility of providing complete guidance on travel to clients. A counselor ensures best travel deals for the clients.
- Tour Operator: A tour operator is a professional who organizes tours and manages the travel and stay of tourists. There are many companies which operate tours for domestic as well as international clients and thus require tour operators.
- Travel Writer: A travel writer is responsible for writing an array of stories related to travel such as historical places, vacations, adventure, hotel industry, culture, etc.
Salary Prospects in the Travel & Tourism Industry in India
Salary is pretty good in the travel and tourism industry. Moreover, the industry also offers good remuneration and perks, which include free travel for its employees and their families. You can get a relatively quite handsome salary in foreign-based airlines or travel agencies. You could also do part-time jobs or can consider summer internships for early experience.
- Cox & Kings Ltd
- Thomas Cook (India) Ltd
- MakeMyTrip (and GoIbibo)
- Balmer Lawrie Travel & Vacations
- Yatra ClearTrip
- Jet Airways
- India Healthcare Tourism (IHCT)
- Flying Fox
- SOTC India
- Kuoni Travel
- East India Travel Co
- Kesai Tours
- Club Mahindra Holidays
- Air Asia
- American Express Global Business Travels
- Travix Leisure & Travels Pvt Ltd